Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We are going on vacation this year! TO THE BEACH! I absolutely love, love, love the beach. We haven't been there since before I got preggo with kid #1. After we booked the room, and the initial excitement has passed I realize I'm going to have to wear a bathing suit. Oh.....My.....Jesus! I haven't been in public in a bathing suit since before I had my first child. Shit. I definitely am not in the same shape as I was back then. Granted, I was no Victoria Secret model back in the day, but I wasn't that bad. I had a nice flat tummy, and a halfway decent booty. I've never had much in the boob area, but I could rock some low rise jeans back then. I used to be able to eat anything I wanted and never exercise and just stayed the same size.

Then I had children......

I am now realizing how much I took for granted. I have excepted the fact that those size 3 jeans hanging in my closet are never going to happen again. I was extremely lucky, because I only gained about 20 pounds with each kid. Regardless of that everything still seemed to widen and move around. That night I decided to try on my old bikini and access the damage. Eeeeek! What have these kids done to me?!? Once where there was a flat stomach, now looks like a deflated beach ball. That cute little butt I used to have is now the flat area of my body. What did they do, take my ass with them when they came out?? Apparently since the wrinkles have started showing up on my face my dimples decided to migrate to my thighs.....then multiply!

Ok, we have almost 3 months before vacation time. Surely I can get in better shape by then. I'll just lay off the junk food, and do some serious working out. I started with the P90X "Ab Ripper X" Monday night. As of today my whole damn body hurts. It hurts to walk. It hurts to sit. It just plain HURTS! That's a good sign, right? I am determined to not look like a beached whale on vacation.

2 comments:

  1. What's the saying? "No pain, no gain"? I'd sure love a pain free way to get in shape! And a way where you can eat donuts....

    ReplyDelete