Friday, May 31, 2013

Mommy says NO

To my 3 year old there is nothing in the world like his daddy. He makes it very clear to EVERYONE that dad is his most favorite thing EVER! This drives me insane! I nearly break my neck to do everything in my power to make him happy and I'm still 2nd best. Seriously, who thinks of the fun little activities to do with them on the weekends? That would be ME. Who gets all of their favorite snacks at the store? Me again! Plus tons of other little things I'm not even going to list. So I have been trying to figure out WHY my hubby has obtained the "Favorite Parent" spot. So, after watching and listening the past week I believe I have it figured out! I'm the only one who ever says NO. Here is a few examples of the responses my hubs gives vs. the response I give.


Me: Do NOT piss on the cat!
Hubby: Better get Bobo to sit on him first so he can't run.

Me: Please don't put ketchup in your brothers hair.
Hubby: Make sure you get the other side of his head.

Me: No, you CANNOT ride your motorcycle down the steps!
Hubby: Make sure you put pillows at the bottom to land on.

Me: No more ice cream. You just brushed your teeth for bed.
Hubby: Bring me one while you’re in there

Me: Don't paint the cat!
Hubby: Better make Bobo sit on him again.

Me: That’s the last ice cream. So, either share it with Bobo or neither one of you get it.
Hubby: Go hide and eat it before he finds you

Me: Don't put the dog in the bath tub with you.
Hubby: HONEY! Come look at Diddly try to swim!

Me: Don't put the hamster in the toilet.
Hubby: Can hamsters swim?

Me: Yes you have to take a bath.
Hubby: Hurry and wipe your face real quick so she thinks your clean.

So there is no question in my mind why my hubs is the favorite. Hell, he would be my favorite too! So this weekend I think I'm going to let the hubby have a little taste of what it’s like to be the parent that always says 'NO' *evil laugh* Knowing my luck my kids will end up filthy and the animals will be traumatized, but I might be the favorite just ONCE!

2 comments:

  1. I think we should put it in the medical books as a syndrome: Mommy's Second Best Disease. Cure: make Dad say "no" for a change. Great post, pertinent to most all Moms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya! Thank God I'm not the only mom who goes through this lol

      Delete