Thursday, May 9, 2013

So excited!!

Ahhh! I'm so excited! I've been nominated for my very first 'Trophy' by Black Sheep Mom  *happy dance*
(She's fantastic by the way and if you haven't checked out her page I would suggest you get your butt over there and take a look)


Rules:
1.  Display the Trophy in your post.
2.  Write a short piece that starts with:  I Didn't Kill  _________ Today.  It doesn't have to be a person, it can be an appliance, a business, or anything else you choose. 
3.  Nominate a few people and let them know it's their turn to vent.
 
So mine is: I didn't kill my parents today.
 
Let me start by saying I don't know what I would do without my parents. They are lifesavers. They keep my kiddies for me during the day while I work for free and are the best grandparents my kids could ever have. However, they drive me INSANE sometimes. So, this morning I woke up super late and was making a mad dash to get ready and get to work on time. I get the kids all loaded up in the car and on my way to my parents house to drop them off. When I get almost there I called my mom to see if she would come out to the car and get the boys so I wouldn't have to run inside. She says OK, then starts rambling on about my granny. When I turn on their street I told her "I'm on your road so she could head on out." Her reply was, "Wait, I have to put on my robe and shoes. I'll be out in a minute" Seriously?!? This is why I called! *sigh* So, by the time she gets ready I already have the kids out and am knocking on the door. Ok, giving the kids kisses and hugs and telling them to be as mean as possible today, and what does my dad do.....starts asking me questions about facebook. I regret even setting him up with an account now. I'm doing the whole "I'm going to be late! I gotta go!" and he is STILL asking me how to look at his friends list.....and what is this, what is that blah blah blah. *deep breaths* Then mom being the sweet woman she is decides since I'm late I won't have time to stop for breakfast so I should wait while she fixes something real quick. Like I said, I love them and I know they mean well but they are completely clueless sometimes.
 
So I nominate:
 

7 comments:

  1. I remember those days! Wait till they can't remember that you've already had the same conversation and insist that you haven't and MUST hear it again!
    Thank you sooooo much for the trophy!!!!
    xoxo
    -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my granny does that. She also makes up conversations that never happened but will argue that they did lol

      Delete
  2. I'm dying over your dad's Facebook questions Haha!! You definitely deserve this trophy, there's nothing like well-meaning clueless people on a late work day morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also thinks anytime someone posts something that they are talking to him. It funny how confused he gets every time he logs on lol

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your trophy. You sure earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NOT been receiving my emails when someone comments! I'm sorry I didn't see it before - thank you, thank you, thank you! I posted :)

    ReplyDelete